Short Talks – duration 30 minutes
Short talks are designed for societies requiring something of a limited duration, perhaps as a follow-up to a lunch or dinner function. Nominally of half an hour's duration, they are topics taken from my full-length lectures that are explored in more detail and augmented with supplementary illustrations.
This list will increase in number over time and there will be titles that can be combined into a programme for a study day.
If you are looking for a title that is light-hearted and amusing, but nonetheless informative, then click the links or contact me for further details.
- Monet's First Garden at Argentueil on the Seine
- Can-Can – the Moulin Rouge and Toulouse-Lautrec
- Through Opera Glasses – the world of Parisian theatre in the paintings of the French Impressionists.
- Carlton House and the Prince of Pleasure
- The building, furnishing and fate of George IV's London residence of 42 years.
Carnival, Courtesans and Castrati
- The world of 18th century Venice.