Lectures and Talks for Horticultural and Gardening Societies
All talks and lectures last for 60 minutes but can be extended if required.
- Tulip Mania!
- The story in context and art of the infamous bulb speculation bubble in seventeenth century Holland.
- Andre le Nôtre and the Sun King's garden
- The history of the French formal garden in France (1650–1750) and its stylistic influence on the palace gardens of European courts, including those of Imperial Russia.
- Eighteenth Century Gardens — Parterres and Panoramas
- Formal, landscape and picturesque garden designs in Britain and France.
- The Rose of Martinique
- Empress Josephine Bonaparte, the consort of Napoleon, and her rose garden at Malmaison: her life as a respected botanist and her patronage of the arts and fashion.
- The Gardens of Impressionism
- Monet and other Impressionists as gardeners and painters of gardens, in the context of the craze in France for horticulture as a middle-class leisure activity.
- Tudor and Jacobean gardens
- The development of the Renaissance garden in Italy and France and its influence in England during the reigns of Henry VIII, Elizabeth I and James I.